Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back on the wagon

My Wrath of Gods DVD contained no data so I opened up my documents and plunged back into Alex's story. It was so much easier than I feared. Perhaps the contrast between the two men - one fictional, one who plays fictional characters - was what I needed to give my brain a break.

I wrote for an hour yesterday, another hour today. Because I don't have Sven breathing down my neck, judging my word count, the pressure is off. The words are coming smoothly, the scene playing out in front of me. Writing is a pleasure. Not that it had stopped. It was simply a matter of too many demands on my time and writing was the only thing I could afford to put on hold.

It helped that my wireless keyboard was able to transcribe the shower scribblings instead of me unhooking everything from the laptop and hauling it in there. It also helped that Alex was still slumped in front of the picture window staring at the turbulent river. It took a bit to rouse, then dress him but I had fun with it.

Day two back at the keyboard and Alex is down at the bar with the demon drowning their sorrows. I may just join them for a pint after work.

3 comments:

  1. Shoot! Am I too late for that pint? Are you still at the bar with Alex? Can I get a Steam Whistle? Huh? Huh? 'Cause I really love that painted green bottle. ;-) Uh oh. Back to work. Good writing, Miss Keziah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All together now:

    I'm back in the saddle again
    Out where a friend is a friend
    Where the longhorn cattle feed
    . . .


    Ok, maybe not completely applicable, but you get the sentiment.

    Yay for you and Alex! Um, that didn't sound quite right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:07 PM

    I love that you write in the shower, too. I swear, that's where most of my ideas come from--that, and when I'm in bed, either trying to fall asleep or just waking up. I've gotten into the habit of taking a notebook or Alphasmart into the bathroom with me when I shower, so I don't lose my words before making it all the way out into the family room, where our computer is.

    ReplyDelete