Sunday, October 07, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

We have a tendency, most of us, generally speaking, to appreciate things most when we no longer have them.  It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so for three consecutive days, I tend to focus on all the wonderful things for which I am full of thanks.

Today, I am grateful that my Internet connection is wonky so that I will spend more time outside enjoying the cool Autumn weather.


I appreciate the people who have shared my life, even briefly, and taught me about living in the process.  Through them, I experience great conversations, good books and entertainment that stimulate my brain cells so that I'm always learning new things, reaching for better understanding and enjoying myself in the process.

I live in a country that fills all of my needs - physical, emotional, spiritual and mental.  There is no need to want for anything here. 

Go enjoy your day and give thanks for every thing and every one you appreciate.  Have a slice of pumpkin pie while you're at it.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:19 AM

    Amen! And that is some gorgeous pumpkin pie!!

    ReplyDelete