Saturday, June 29, 2013

Cleaning Good Things

Ky spent the day sick so I had to change my plans. We did mostly indoor chores though I did weed the garden along the side of the house when we were outside.  Poor puppy.

It took a couple of months but I finally got around to counting all the pennies from my birthday party. I didn't want gifts, and the Canadian penny was decommissioned so I asked people to bring them for charity. The kids really got into it.  They collected pennies for weeks leading up to the party. Together, they brought $19.50 for water, and $23 for Mel Swart Conservation Area.  I'll count and roll my own pennies another day to contribute to the charities.

I sorted all the yarn and filled the cabinet.  There were a couple of half finished projects that don't have patterns so I can't finish them.   That was disappointing.

I cleaned the house and got all the clean laundry put away - just in time to start more laundry.

Let's hope Ky feels better tomorrow. I have other things to do, other places to go.  The silver lining on the day really was how much work I got done here that I haven't had time for the last few weeks.  And my floors are spotless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment