Sunday, March 09, 2014

Catching up

I'm slowing down, choosing to use my time wisely. What that really means is I've been reading.  A lot.

Go to wattpad and read Between here and gone by Barbara Caridad Ferrer.  It's free but priceless. The work is impossible to explain but thought-provoking, heartfelt and lingers long after the last word has been read.

I've been writing every day. Horror is a cathartic genre to play with. I fill my characters mouths and minds with all the poisons I don't want in my own.  Win/win.

I cannot believe how challenging this year has been so far. I guess we're getting it all out of the way early so we can play the rest of the year. Lots of silver linings to those cloudy moments (strange expression I might look up later).  All of the usual suspects - friends, family, zoo - but also the realization that we are truly fortunate.  We always land in each other's arms. You can't buy that kind of fortune.

The wind is yanking on the windows and doors. Literally. Eliot just lifted his head to glare at the rattling window.  Considering he was making a creaky door sound earlier, perhaps the wind is playing with him.  He has so much energy.

How are things with you? What was an unexpected silver lining in your life recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment