Saturday, December 07, 2013

Hockey night tonight

Another long day at work but we accomplished a fair bit and I helped a boy find books for his project about how pencils and crayons are made. No luck on the pen front.

I opted out of a night out to spend time with the family. It's important and I'm really feeling the need lately to spend as much time with my parents as possible.  It's a good thing I made that decision. My dad totally ignored my breakfast announcement of evening plans and went ahead on dinner with my attendance as part of the equation.  Oh well. It was steak out on the grill so no hardship for me. 

An exciting night of hockey with lots of parental interaction to round out the night. My phone was buzzing throughout the game as Stashaholic and I discussed the play.  My other game texting buddy was busy but Yoda cheered for her. I've never seen a parrot take such an interest in sports. He screams Wheeeee when our team scores and Eeeeek or What???? when the opposing team gets a goal.  I am greatly amused by him.

In other news, I have decided to make a pair of socks for my great-aunt for Christmas. She appreciated the last pair so much it seems mean not to knit some more for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment