Friday, December 06, 2013

Laughter

Today was a comedy of errors, starting with the fact that I went to work three hours early.  One ridiculous thing happened after another but we laughed about all of it.

I went for a tea and walk with my convalescing friend.  She isn't fully recovered from her surgery but every day is another one grateful for her friends and family.  We had some pretty deep talks about life, survival, identity and our purpose in life.  She works in health care. There are people alive today who wouldn't be if it weren't for her.  She is the type of person who takes care of others. I suggested she do the same for herself. Yep, the pot called the kettle black - we both laughed.

I haven't been able to settle to anything tonight, lots on my mind, but I am continually reminded that friends and family are invaluable in helping one survive anything life can think to throw at us. 

Last night I dreamt about friends I've lost in the last few years. There are times when I feel like I should do more with my life because they were denied the opportunities I face every day. 

Today, I feel like it's important I be still and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment