Thursday, November 14, 2013

Attitude

Last night was fantastic. Eddie Izzard is not only funnier than hell, he's also quite smart.  His humour can make you think. Then he goes off on a tangent and you can only shake your head.

It was nice that I didn't have to work until later in the day. The cats had a horrible fight last night so I ended up taking Milo back into my room.  Urgh. He didn't let me sleep.  It was a long day filled with one annoying thing after another.

I did spend some time looking at my attitude and recognizing how it influences my perception of events. I really can't do anything about anyone else.  Some people are going to always behave the same way, or not. The only thing I can control is my response.  It's not always easy being the grown-up.  To think there was a time when I resented being told what to do, or when to go to bed, just because I was a kid.  My parents were surprisingly lenient with me, all things considered.

So, one good thing today - finding chocolate in the side pocket of my purse.  Spinach salad with homemade lemon/garlic dressing.  Enjoying the sound of the wind as it howled and swirled around town.  It was all howl and no damage.  Excellent.

I heard singing in the empty museum when I locked up tonight. That was cool, not creepy.  I wonder if the ghosts will leave when the museum moves to another building.  I will miss them if they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment