Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Good day

I was so tired driving to Grimsby this morning that I wasn't enjoying myself. Then the car in front of mine drove through an enormous pile of leaves. They swirled up and over my car to shower mine in gold and orange, maybe even a few burnt sienna.  It was glorious and made me giggle.

I was meeting my good friend Brenda Harlen for tea and writing chat.  I was much later than we'd planned and didn't see her when I entered the cafe. I texted to ask if she'd given up on me. She texted back that she was still there, was I coming?  I started to text that I was there also but looked behind me first. There she was, sitting at the table that sat behind my chair.  She'd been at the counter when I came in so we hadn't seen each other.

We had a great visit, caught up on life, conferences and brainstormed our current projects.  Having someone to bounce ideas off, to work through plots and character arcs is valuable beyond measure. Being able to work out motivation and staging with someone who understands their importance can save hours of bumbling around on our own.  It's one of the many reasons we set another meeting in two weeks.

The drive back to Queenston was equally gorgeous and I was more alert, full of how to continue the horror story.  My convalescing friend and I had a healthy dinner, spinach salad with lemon/garlic dressing. It was so good.

She's craving a milkshake, so we're distracting ourselves with Beowulf and Grendel. The scenery is exquisite, the script excellent and full of fantastic dialogue.  Oh, and Gerard Butler.  :sigh:

No comments:

Post a Comment