Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fashionable Good Things

I'm the least fashionable person I know. Is it comfy? A colour that suits my mood? Does the skirt swirl? These are my measuring sticks for a good outfit.

Today I wore a top that I last wore in September when a friend was in town and several of us met up with him for drinks and nachos.  It's yellow, with lots of blue and orange and red on it. Sounds awful but the cut is actually flattering and the material swishes when I move. Plus, it's loaded with fun memories. I smiled all morning because when the top caught my eye, I remembered something else from that night.  It was a good night. Even if I did end up with a parking ticket. 

This afternoon, Mom and I went to Fabricland and bought material to make Regency dresses for the Laura Secord Walk.  I bought a pattern online that is historically accurate. It said the ball gown could be made from organza. This is similar, lightweight and going to be interesting to sew.  It's not plain as was suggested but hey, we have to want to wear it.





It's kinda me, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:09 AM

    Yup. You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought so. My hiking boots are blue so I'll match Bwahahaha

      Delete