Monday, May 27, 2013

Good Book

One Good Thing about the battery dying on my tablet this evening is that I was forced to put down the book I fell into and get some chores done.  The critters needed food, so did the humans, a cloak needs to be finished, emails written - none of that mattered. The book piqued my interest when it came into the library. The cover was pretty. It had an endorsement from Joshilyn Jackson whose The Girl who stopped Swimming mesmerized me in much the same way this book - The Memory Thief by Emily Colin has enthralled.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Other Good Things happened today, but it took the battery dying for me to get outside and discover them. Not all of the plants froze to death the other day. The peppers, two tomatoes and a cucumber survived.  The bicycle pump had a slice in the hose so I couldn't use it to pump up the front tire on my bike, but I was oddly amused by the motion of using the old-fashioned pump, accompanied by the foof ffoof ffoof sound of air pushing into the dirt on the garage floor. 

Oh, look. The battery has recharged. Yay.  Who needs sleep? I need to know how Colin rewards her characters for their relentless devotion, determination and courage.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:38 AM

    "ffoof ffoof ffoof sound" Too funny! I'll be checking out The Memory Thief.

    ReplyDelete