Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Hockey, hiking and words

One Good Thing about hockey playoffs - the bonding. I spent most of the night texting back and forth with one of my die-hard Leaf fans.  I thought she was going to have heart failure.  It was lots of back-and-forth, end-to-end hockey.  Another Good Thing is that I got to rest my foot. Another 7km walk today that just destroyed my injured foot.  Ice and good boots are my best friends.

One Good Thing about getting to the trail early was running into a guy who had just hiked the closed trail.  We learned a lot from him - and he signed up for the walk on June 22.  It poured rain but the leaves kept the bulk of water off us. Then the sun came out and we dried off. I met four new volunteers which was great.  It was a good walk.

We saw lots of trilliums.


One more Good Thing - I wrote all morning. I haven't done that for awhile. Other things (read the last month's worth of blogs) have taken up a lot of my time.  I'm not complaining but I needed to get back on track. Being so productive in other areas of my life has helped me cut to the chase on the blank page. I'm pleased with all that I accomplished.  Even if it is creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment