Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Blah good things

One good thing about this blog is that I'm in the habit of thinking of good things even when I'm in a less-than-stellar mood. I'm stomping around cranky yet still noticing that the raspberries will be ripe for picking tomorrow.  Ky is easily amused, and incredibly soft. Kiki is still alive despite the loss of 1/4 of her feathers after walking across a sleeping dog yesterday, DNi and I picked mulberries off the treat and ate them on the spot. My presence was missed at the thank you reception for the volunteers.

Little things add up. They don't negate the disappointment, unfortunate choices or exhaustion but the do remind one that life is not cut-and-dried, black-and-white, good-or-evil.  Life is full of the combinations.      DNe complains about my sunshine and roses optimistic view of life. I remind him sunshine can burn and roses have thorns but we embrace them regardless. It's all about your focus.  I love the the scent of roses blooming in the afternoon sun, but also enjoy rainy days. We need balance. Perhaps that's the source of my blah mood. Balance must be restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment