Monday, July 29, 2013

Things that make one ponder

I've been throwing sticks, watching Justified, catching up on life and enjoying a NASCAR race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

My maternal grandmother loved autosports. I can remember watching Formula 1 (she liked Nicky Lauda) and the Indy 500 with her. My parents continued that tradition. Standing in the stands as the cars roared past us down to the finish line was incredible. Standing beneath the track in the tunnel while cars raced over our heads was astonishing. The claustrophobic in me was screaming to get out of there, the race fan was simply screaming.

I know there are massive differences in the health care systems in Canada and the United States yet it boggled my mind that there was a bus parked by the race track that offered free paps and mammograms. No one was sure if it was a joke or not.  Oh my.

None of us could quite understand why a man several seats over had tattooed the Taco Bell logo on the calf of his leg.  Anyone?

Why do people say, "Have a good one."?  Good what?  They aren't saving themselves any words.

We had a blast. I'm tired. I have lots of photos to share from the vacation though the one tree that I really wanted to photograph was too far away for me to get a decent shot.  Had I known how long we were going to sit in traffic, I would have hopped out, taken the picture, then hopped back into the truck. Oh well. It was pretty and the leaves were unlike anything I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment