Monday, July 15, 2013

Melting

It's so hot and humid here I feel like I live in the jungle. I even have a little black panther stalking me. Milo is always hungry.  He's getting older now so we're going to have to move his food bowl down a level so the jump isn't too high. 

I didn't send a book out today. I did do a lot of research on the subject.  That counts.  DNe came in and checked on my progress.  Funny kid.  Now I know how my parents feel when I suggest stuff to them they've been doing for years. I guess I'm that old now.

I also spent a good portion of the day scanning family photo albums. I have no idea about the identity of the tow-headed tykes who were photographed in Newcastle in 1900 but they were cute.  Given my granny was the second of six kids, they could be her niece and nephew.  It was interesting.

I do have the horror story open and staring at me. The second part is told from a paranoid point of view. I can't stay in that mindset too long.  I suspect that's why I'm working on it a few paragraphs at a time.  Still, he's unusual and fascinating which bodes well for the storyline.

We are blessed with air conditioning that works well. A fan that cools me while I run on the spot (it's too horrible out there to actually walk or ride my bike) and refreshing oranges in a jug of water. 

Stay cool

No comments:

Post a Comment