Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bittersweet

It's been a busy few days. I've sorted through some bins in the attic, picked up the futon and paired some fabrics to make new covers. I'll keep the current cover but like to have backup for wash day.  Eliot was hilarious while I put the wooden frame back together. He lay beneath it with his legs wrapped around the bottom rungs. As I spun the bolts one way, he tried to spin them the other.

Yoda had a bad case of Tourettes tonight. He kept screaming out various phrases. His "I love you" was guttural and grudging. Something set him off. He kept repeating "it's okay". He didn't sound convinced.

Tonight we had the final bonfire on the property that has hosted a good portion of my adult life. There were fireworks in the distance and an owl hunting close by. There was laughter and the bittersweet sharing of memories. There was a strong sense of peace as well as the certainty that it was time to move on to the next adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment