Thursday, May 08, 2014

Contrast

I just spent an hour brushing out the side of Ky that faced me. He hates it but sat fairly still while I did it. It's a soothing process for me which is a good thing as the day has been stressful.

I think the appeal of  Game of Thrones is the satisfaction that comes from yelling at the screen.  They're all a bunch of nasty work. I promised someone I would give it the first season to grow on me. I'm not sure rooting for characters to die a horrible death is the best way to spend my time.  But then, I've done just that in my own story. Rocks. Glass house.

So that's a good thing - realizing that no matter how bad my day has been,  it's divine compared to the Starks'.

2 comments:

  1. It gets better and worse all at the same time. That's the fascination with them. And just when you think a character is beyond reprehensible, they do something unbelievably kind. Mind warp every episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not feeling it. I think part of the problem is that I do know most of the spoilers. The cinematography is excellent though. So I keep watching. I'm starting season two this week. As a writer, I really want to understand the appeal of the series to so many people. What hooked you in the first place?

      Delete