Saturday, August 04, 2007

NaAu

Our darling CB, orangehands, has declared August a novel writing month all on her own(hence the NaAu but I think it should be NoAu but will go with her acronym). She's going to write 100,000 words or 5 pages a day.

I like a good challenge but I'm not up to one like that. I'm going to a NASCAR race with my brother and nephew next weekend at Watkins Glen. I've picked up an extra shift a week with Science Diet, and I'm going to Dayton, Ohio at the end of the month for the Agnes and the Hitman book signing for Bob and Jenny.

It's not exactly my slowest month.

Thanks to last weekend's meeting with my witty and talented critique partners, I finally have a great working order for the pile of scenes that are sketched out. I was shocked to discover that I've actually written more than two-thirds of the book.

I'm going to a conference in New Jersey in October to pitch this book. It should be written and polished by then, don't you think? With that in mind, my goal for August is to finish writing Hell to Pay. Completely. From beginning to end, take out all the little notes and show instead of telling.

September will be the polishing month.

I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:40 PM

    I don't think I knew the title was Hell to Pay. I just knew it as Alex's book. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i do too

    (finally came over- took me long enough, i know...and now to catch up)

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved the pictures. and the words.

    i love that idea re: alex's soul, very cool. all i keep going back to is a platypus- i know, not sexy, in fact funny. but in my head i can picture it going from a vibrant animal to losing it's fur and it's beak (actual name?) shrinking and it's eyes dropping and geez, that's a really sad image. guess that works with an otter or seal too, without the funny image in the beginning. or maybe a bird that glides over water, swoops into it for food or cooling off. then you get the feathers molting, losing color, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:43 PM

    Sheryl--

    Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and leaving sweet breadcrumbs.

    We have a race track near us. I don't know what it's called, but it's on I-35 between Denton and Fort Worth. Summer here is fairly awful, but the winters are mild. You should come watch 'em go round and round in November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheryl,
    This is a book written from the heart, so when you pitch your enthusiasm and love for the story will come through. I don't see how an agent or editor could /possibly/ fail to be impressed. But if they do, let me have a leeetle talk with them. No violence, really. Well, hardly any.

    laaznci - hmmn... to me this sounds like the name of an Italian beach resort.

    ReplyDelete