Thursday, January 03, 2008

Nothing to see here

The New Year did not start off with a bang. I wrote three words on the shower wall. That's it. I have an idea about incorporating two scenes but right now my head is not in it.

There's been a lot of drama around me, none of it actually mine, but it's had an effect on my thought processes. I've yet to figure out how to use those emotions in my story. Until I do, or things change up again, I'm taking a writing vacation. I haven't had a real vacation in years. It's not a trip to Belize (if Alex doesn't get to go there, neither do I) but it will give me a break. So I can pass the next library course, read a book or two, knit a rug out of plastic bags and take care of some other things.

Of course, if my brain suddenly clicks back into the book, you can be sure I'll cut my vacation short and go back to writing. You'll be the first to know.

In the meantime, be kind to yourselves.

5 comments:

  1. I figure your subconscious is going to keep on working on the story while the rest of you is on vacation.
    A real vacation might not be a bad idea either. Just a thought.
    And make sure Oregon is penciled in for the summer solstice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao, Keziah. Put the story on the back burner. Let it simmer for awhile. Indulge yourself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Need a vacation? Come on over!

    I've been needing to do something to spark my own writing creativity. I've got little post-it notes all over the place but when I pull up the ms to incorporate them...nothin'. Must be the post-holiday-and-it's-6-degrees-outside slump.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:08 AM

    Oh, no! It's the dread bringer of memes! Yes, my dear, I am tagging you for a writing meme, Top Ten Signs that a Piece of Fiction Was Written by Me." Well...you know, not me or ME, but you. /;+) Send me a Trackback when you do it, so I can come and read! /;+) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got enough plastic bags?

    You know, sometimes it's just better to step away from something for a little while. It can help you see it fresh.

    ReplyDelete