Thursday, January 26, 2017

Memories

I lost a photo that means a great deal to me. A friend of mine took it in Scotland many years ago. We later discovered that was less than five miles from where my great-grandmother was born.

Looking at it reminds me of my own trip to the farm down the road as well as trying to recreate the photo when I stood in the same spot. I can smell the dew on the thistle, feel the early morning mist on my skin and remember the sense of being watched from behind the ferns. It also reminds me of the first time I met my friend. It stars a lot of emotions. I moved the photo when I switched the living room arrangement.

I sorted through, cleaned and decluttered the living room in the search. My friend is gone now so the photo is irreplaceable. I'm not sure what the photo was doing down by the spinning wheel but it's now hanging on the living room wall. In the process, I organized my home.

Win/win.


No comments:

Post a Comment