Thursday, May 29, 2014

Nature

So many good things today.  I loaded Emile Sande (you might remember this song from the closing ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics).  With her on my playlist I inputted twice what I had planned to accomplish today.

Then I went outside and played in the garden by the pond.  I spent two hours weeding, moving plants around and it doesn't look like I did a thing. At one point, I climbed into the pond and scooped out all the rocks that had slide in over the winter. Ky took that opportunity to wash his ball.  He made me laugh so hard.  I wouldn't throw it for him so he dropped it in various plants.  I tossed it out of my way.  It landed in the composter. He's afraid of that thing.  Eventually he climbed onto the window boxes stacked beside it and gingerly reached down to pluck it out of the black beast.He's quite the problem solver when his ball is part of the equation.

I watched a video today of a man playing Blackbird on his guitar in the backyard. A crow came to land on the neck of the instrument.  Crows fascinate me.  They are so bright, so inquisitive. And they don't require a ball in order to reason out the best course of action.  Most people associate crows with death, a group is called a murder, but I associate them with intelligence and personality.  They're brilliant.

So nature was my wonderful thing today.  No doubt about it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:41 PM

    I'm so laughing over Ky. Isn't the weather gorgeous? I'm writing this comment from the patio. The lilacs are at their peak, and the scent goes right through the house. I'm gardening my little heart out.

    ReplyDelete