Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day Good things

One good thing about the rain this morning was it softened the earth to make weeding easier. Both dogs helped by eating grass in the flower beds. Ky was covered in rose petals as the bush is overflowing and blossoms are raining to the ground. Now he smells pretty.

One good thing about passing the dress making off to someone else is how much time it gave me to do something vitally important.

Dad and I spent the afternoon "watching NASCAR and drinking beer" which he said in the Bubba J voice a few too many times.



Then we had shish kabobs on the grill and talked about many of his life experiences. It was a great conversation and I was happy to spend time with him. Even though we live in the same house, separate apartments, most of our time is spent communicating the important and immediate details of our lives. I've been making an effort to get to know him better. I love my parents a lot and realize how fortunate I am to have both of them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment