Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Two days of good things

Yesterday, we got all of the signs for the trail then went out and put them up. Two of us did the last two sections. We broke the screwdriver at the beginning of the last section. Fortunately, we had lots of zip ties so we used those.  There was a good breeze, sunny blue skies and only one tick found at the end of the day. Not too shabby.

I love that walk. Beautiful scenery, gorgeous scent of wild roses, squirrels, chipmunks and the occasional deer to keep one company and a strong sense of history. Granted the last two kilometres can be rough. Apparently the ascent is 73 feet, almost a straight climb though it's been widened and switchbacked to make it less taxing. After walking 30 km though, it's a struggle.  What a sense of accomplishment, however.  I barely had time to shower and head to work. But I felt so good about the day.  Didn't post because I came home, watched season one of Arrested Development (a refresher before I start the new season) and worked on a shawl that's been problematic. I've learned how to do the stitches properly since I started it four years ago. I have to remember how to do them wrong so the whole thing matches.  I don't want to start over because of the people who were with me when I cast on.  Yep, I'm silly.

Today was full of treasures. I picked up four boxes of photographs, slides, films and mason jars from my Great Aunt's place.  I also scored several paintings my great great grandpa did. Those were particularly wonderful to bring home on my DNe's birthday.  I could be imagining it but there's a similarity of style there.

Then we wedged the china cabinet on the stairwell moving it upstairs to my living room.  That was equal parts frustrating and hilarious.  We eventually managed to move it back down to the main floor relatively unscathed.  We'll try again tomorrow. I *think* I've figured it out.  Hope springs eternal.

Things are really starting to come together.  It will be a hectic few days. Don't be surprised if I'm silent til the end of the weekend.  I'm not sure how much free time I'll have, but trust me, I'll have lots of Good Things to share.  They're everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment