Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I was doing a brilliant zombie impression, art from the craving for brrrrrrains, that I gave myself permission to sleep it off.  It was embarrassing how late I slept,  and could have slept longer, but it was clearly what my body needed.

There were two auto races to watch, a birthday present to begin and Masterpiece Theater. Am I the only one who thinks of the Muppets at the opening of the latter?

It was a hot and humid day so I limited Ky's interaction with the ball outside. We watered the garden and picked raspberries. The gooseberry bush is full so perhaps tomorrow.

I was feeling lazy, unproductive and generally beating up on myself for it when I realized that I was blessed to have a day free of commitment, obligation or schedule.  I knowing had a reading day last week but my body needed more down time. It's better to do that voluntarily rather than collapse from exhaustion.  At least this way I got to choose a comfy couch surrounded by furry/feathery companions and exciting-to-me television.

I hope you were able to relax today

No comments:

Post a Comment