Monday, August 12, 2013

a good day

Our wifi password at work this morning(it's changed every day so it won't do you any good now) was "a good day".  I took that as my motto for the day.

After working on family photo albums for a couple of hours, I grabbed the leash and took Ky for a drive. It was a hard concept for him to grasp initially(we just drive around and don't stop?) but he caught on when I rolled the window down and let the smell of the river into the car.  We did stop and have a salad in an orchard
That's our picnic table. I should have taken pictures from in among the trees.  It was so peaceful.

From there we drove along the Niagara Parkway and lost count of how many fruit stands we passed.  Ripe peaches filled the air with their sweet fragrance.  It's a good thing we'd already eaten.  Then I saw it, an incredible tree. And it was at the edge of a park. I turned around at the next fruit stand and went back.

As soon as we got out of the car, Ky started whining. There was a small squirrel eating an apple at the base of the fruit tree.


After that Ky found sticks, I took more photos of gorgeous old trees and we enjoyed the park by the lake.  By the time we headed to our appointments at the chiropractor's we were both fairly relaxed. We were a few minutes early so we stretched out on the front lawn and I rubbed his belly.

Honestly, I really needed that quiet connection with nature and my dog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment