Monday, August 05, 2013

Simcoe Day

Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. That's how I celebrated the long weekend Monday. I ate cookies and sorted through stuff in the spare room. I put books in a box for a friend.

I've been struggling the last few days to overcome a black mood. Nightmares based on stuff happening in real life are hard to shake. There isn't much I can do to change the outcomes which makes it a vicious cycle.

For all that negativity, there are still moments of pure pleasure in each day.  The zoo was happy to root through all the papers in hope of discovering crumbs or seeds. Kiki and Yoda eyed up the fleece I brought into the living room.  You just know he's figuring out how to open the cabinet.

I did find some story notes and a design sketch for a knitted top. At the same time that I considered tossing them away, I admired rocks from various vacations.  That was cool. They're staying.

There's nothing like a hot shower after moving furniture.  Clean sheets on the bed. Cool breeze through the bedroom window. Simple pleasures.
What do you do to help yourself out of a deep pit of despair?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:35 PM

    I couldn't decided whether to celebrate Simcoe Day or Colonel By Day, such is my love for Ottawa. When I'm having a downer day, I usually bake or clean. The scents of baking ease my soul. Physical labor moves me through it. If there is fresh paint around, you might find me painting a room. I spent the day yesterday gardening. I'm moving plants to make way for a raised garden bed Mr. G is making for me for my birthday. It's for a vegetable garden next year. One of two. Also spent time filling holes Gracie Golden Pup was digging in the fresh soil. :-D Nope. Nothing like clean sheets on the bed. Good thoughts are winging your way. Oh, and welcome back. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it's just put one foot in front of the other and breathe.

    If that doesn't work, time at my wheel with some gorgeous fibre helps. Chocolate and wine in large quantities too.

    ReplyDelete