Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The world is changing

My day started out with a writer's meeting.  Not only did we brainstorm quite a bit, we met at a restaurant where we all made some healthy lunch choices.  The more we fuel our body efficiently, the better our brains work. It was odd, though, not to have chocolate with my writing buddies. Quinoa, while tasty, doesn't give the same satisfaction.

I went straight from there to a birthday party for my DNi.  She's going to be 12 years old at the end of the week. I spent four hours with six young ladies between the ages of ten and thirteen years old. What a popular culture education!  I was shocked to hear those girls talk amongst themselves. I am now officially old. There is no way I knew half of their subject matter at that age, and even less likelihood I would have discussed it with such frank openness.  It was an eye-opener. It was amazing how they switched back into sweet innocence in the blink of an eye. I was exhausted.

The transformer at the end of our street blew up (I'm fuzzy on the details) but power had been restored by the time I came home. That was great news as I was able to watch Making Stuff: Cleaner on PBS Nova.  I can't put the link in as I'm Canadian but if you're in the States watch it.  Fascinating stuff.  So many people and companies are actively working on cleaner energy and storage in come pretty incredible ways.

Maybe we're not doomed after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment