Thursday, August 08, 2013

Acceptance

I made some good food choices today. Admittedly, I'd eat a bag of chips right now - or a tin of cookies - if we had any in the house.  Which is why we don't.  I don't tend to buy snack food as often. Most of the time, I don't miss it.

A darling girl became a teenager today.  Hard to believe that much time has passed since she entered the world with confidence and nonchalance.  We don't spend as much time together as I'd like but she remains an important person in my life. 

I spent a significant portion of the day writing. I have enough of an outline that I know where I'm headed but not so much that I know the journey.  That way lies writer's ennui.

At work, we played with ideas for promoting the library on twitter. I like thinking outside the box.  Boxes are cardboard that need to be broken down and recycled once they've served their purpose.  That's as far as I can take the analogy at the moment.  I think my brain has already taken the recycling bin to the curb. I'm tired.

I've still got some disturbing thoughts rolling around inside my head but have come to turns with the realization that I really can't fix things. That's very difficult for a fixer to accept.



No comments:

Post a Comment