Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Simple things

One good thing about working in a library that is attached to a cafe - cinnamon hot chocolate. Today we experimented with frozen cinnamon hot chocolate. That recipes needs some work. It was too sweet. But I sat outside in the garden to drink it. Lots of roses and rosy smelling plants.  Despite the cold breeze, it was a delightful way to spend part of my lunch break. 

I walked into the house after 12 hours at work cranky as hell. It wasn't the work that made me irritable so much as the been away from home and am tired that did it.  As soon as I sat on the couch - after cleaning the kitchen I didn't mess (hmm, do you suppose that may have contributed to being irked?) - Milo perched himself on my shoulder.  It was kind of funny.  Ky refused to come upstairs until my mood lifted so the cat decided to help that process along.  He headbutted me repeatedly until I smiled. Then he purred. And some people think they're just dumb creatures. 

Now he's curled up beside me on the couch, Ky is at my feet and I'm torturing my paranoid character.  It's the simple things that set us off, and put us back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment