Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday Good Things

It is sleeting and windy outside. I can still smell the lilies of the valley on my coffee table. I'll take balance however I can get it.

Milo is snuggled down on my lap while I type. He's one of the most affectionate cats I've ever known. I'm so grateful to still have the pleasure of his company after seventeen years.

One Good Thing about the cooler weather is that all of my seedlings (what are they called when they are the plant equivalents of teenagers?) are now in pots and  tucked up against the house.  If they survive tonight, they'll be sturdy plants - tomatoes, cucumbers, beets and spinach. 

I was far more productive than I'd expected to be today.  Paid bills, wrote web content, got yard work done and played with the zoo. 

What made me smile today? The silly poems we wrote for the coworker who is leaving us to head to the Big City and a new career.  We've watched him grow from a shy youngster to a confident and talented young man. End of an era but the beginning of Great Things for him.

The season finale of Grimm the other night ended To Be Continued then added Oh c'mon, you knew this was coming.  I enjoy it when shows acknowledge the audience.


I saw a photo of an older man in a kilt. That made me smile. Kilts, like duster coats, make every man attractive. I'm sure there are exceptions, please don't harsh my vibe by sharing them.

What made you smile today?


No comments:

Post a Comment