Tuesday, April 16, 2013

2 Good things

I was outside this morning and noticed the water level on the pond was low. When I put the hose in to top it up, who swam past but Phin (named after a Jennifer Crusie character in Welcome to Temptation, not because he's a fish.  It took three years for me to notice the pun). The heater had failed this winter, freezing the water so I assumed the fish were all lost.  Phin is a red and white comet goldfish from the feeder bin at Petsmart. He's not alone in the pond.  Shubunkins and moors have joined him over the years, and bred, but he's the oldest at ten years.  I was so happy to see him today.

The other thing that made my day was this post from Patton Oswalt about the aftermath of the Boston Marathon. I truly believe that man is inherently good. I believe that good will always triumph over evil.  I'm heartened by how quickly that post went viral.  "The good outnumber you - and we always will".  Truer words...

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Thank you for sharing that post, Keziah. I couldn't agree more. People did amazing things that day (as they so often do), and thank goodness for that. Still, I feel that "thoughts and prayers" are a genuine response to this kind of tragic event. People want to reach out in some way, and it's a good way. An honest way. I'm sure we all wanted to be there to hop the fence and render aid and comfort. Agreed. Truer words...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thoughts and prayers are all some can offer and that's a lot. It shouldn't be dismissed but the rest of his post was inspired.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:49 PM

      I agree. Most of his words were quite thoughtful and inspiring, especially the last you quoted.

      Delete