Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Catching up

The last few days have actually been full of good things but I've spent so much time on the computer I keep forgetting to check in.  By the time I'm done my work, I just shut the sucker down and walk away. My apologies for not letting you know that the last few days have actually been pretty good.

Saturday was the party.
Sunday was recovery.  Reminiscing with a friend, finishing off open bottles of wine and laughing about character tweets for Vikings.  Looking at myself in photos from the night before I realized I am deep as well as wide, pretty much round all the way.  For some reason that kept us in giggles all day, the fact that I am deep. 
Monday was a good day at work followed by lots of paperwork then time in the yard. I filled the pond, moved old tree branches, planted freeshia bulbs.  DNe and I went to see Revolution to celebrate Earth Day.  To be honest, I was a bit overwhelmed by all that needs to be done on that front.  Without a planet to sustain us, it doesn't matter how healthy our bank accounts, relationships, bodies.  It's a mindset that still causes a lot of consternation to contemplate.  To me, it's a no-brainer.  I came home and researched a few other things we could do to lessen our impact. 
I rode my bicycle to work today.  The weather was perfect. Neither too hot nor too cold, it was a Baby Bear kind of day.  Apparently, all the walk I've done lately hasn't prepared me in the slightest to ride 2km.  That will improve with more practice.
A patron told me that shade of purple, almost fuchsia, is a great colour for me to wear.  Good thing as I really like it and have several outfits in that colour.
After my meeting this afternoon, I stopped at the market and bought a salad which I ate in the orchard.  Yes, I took the plastic home, washed and recycled it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:38 AM

    Kudos on riding to work. That will only get easier with more riding! Your salad looks fresh and divine. Want. I haven't seen Revolution yet, but it's on the list. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete