Saturday, April 13, 2013

Progress

It seems like a million years ago that I dragged my lazy ass out of bed and walked to work. I can still remember the dream that was interrupted by my alarm. Friends had put an addition on their house that was an artist's dream workshop. It was huge and 2/3 of the way across they'd created a wall out of blown/rolled glass that looked like barn boards to create a sitting room off the workshop.  It was beautiful. My friend's DH insisted it drop two feet from the vaulted ceiling to allow for airflow to keep the room from becoming an oven. I'll have to ask him about that when I see them next week.  It's the kind of thing they would do.

The weather was brisk and gloomy today but the ground is greening up, weeds have already shoved their way through the cold earth.  I'm always impressed with nature and its regeneration. Baby birds are cheeping in the garage.

My body hasn't started to reflect the choices I've been making this week but I can feel the difference.  I'm back to walking regularly. Yesterday, I walked out of the store without purchasing any chocolate.  That's a first in a very long time. Today, I turned down a Tim Horton's run.  I ate a couple of homemade oatmeal cookies but that's not a big deal. They're oatmeal/coconut/hemp hearts/olive oil/palm sugar/egg/vanilla and chocolate chips.  Easy to make, low on glycemic index.  I have no idea on the calorie count.

My idiot neighbour shot off fireworks tonight. One Good Thing - and nothing to be minimized given the trauma in the past - Ky's eyes rolled towards the window but that was the extent of his reaction. When the fireworks stopped, he went back to bed.  Progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment