Tuesday, April 09, 2013

More walking, less eating

I hauled my lazy ass off for a  mile long walk with the dogs. Casey was exhausted but a trooper.  Ky could have kept going despite being five years older than Casey.  I did notice that as we got closer to the lake both dogs picked up the pace. I went further today than we did last week and when we stopped by the willow at the water's edge, they both surged forward to take a dip. Fortunately, I still had leashes firmly in hand. That is not our usual swim spot, nor is it a good choice.  It did make me rethink the walking agenda.  Ky and I will do the Laura Secord training.  Both dogs will swim once a week to get Casey's shoulder back into shape. He walks so much on that foot without the brace but he's packed on way too many pounds over the last year and a half.  I want both of us back down to fighting weight.

I had planned to ride my bike to work. Good thing I didn't. The sky opened up and the rain hasn't stopped.  The storm drains can't keep up with it all.

The good news is that all the exercise today meant I wasn't all that hungry.  I didn't stress eat tonight at all. So maybe there's a correlation.  I just want to feel healthy again.

How was your day?


No comments:

Post a Comment